1420 Shadow Rock Drive, Auburn
Prepare to be impressed! It is the first time on the market for this stunning property that sits above a picturesque small vineyard and is nestled among native oaks, pines and colorful perennial landscaping. The beautiful southwest view completes this very private and beautifully designed home.
The main floor of the home offers most of the living area and 4 bedrooms with 2 1/2 bathrooms. You'll see it's the ideal home for large scale entertaining or intimate gatherings. Downstairs there is the 5th bedroom, a full bathroom, kitchenette, living room and laundry room, all set up to be the perfect guest suite or rental. There's also a half bath convenient to the extra-large RV garage/shop and the one-of-a- kind wine cellar.
The master suite and current office (or 4th bedroom) are located on the opposite side of the home from 2 of the other bedrooms. The hallway to these rooms offers exceptional storage with built in cabinetry and a 10' plus counter. Both rooms have plenty of windows and access the spacious deck. The master suites deck area was built to support a hot tub in the future. The master has plenty of built in cabinets that can serve as a dresser. The well-appointed master bathroom has a walk-in shower, double sinks and a separate commode. The large walk-in closet has convenient access to the main laundry room with a deep ceramic laundry sink, cabinetry and laundry bins under the counter for sorting clothes.
Two guest bedrooms and a bathroom are accessed via a family room located off the front entry through French doors. The full bathroom has double sinks and a tiled tub/shower. The light filled family room has a wall of windows out to the front patio which is accessed through a glass door flanked by full length windows. The patio offers views of the gardens and a quiet retreat.
The spacious great room is an integral part of the kitchen and large dining nook. You will appreciate the beautiful angles and architectural details of this area. It enjoys a wall of windows to the view and the large deck that spans the entire back of the house. The gas fireplace is surrounded by built in cabinetry and retrofitted for the flat screen TV with all the input cords hidden away. With a large dining nook, counter space for 8 at the island and the formal dining area there are options for daily living and entertaining. The formal dining area has a wonderful built-in buffet wall with glass fronts cabinets & interior lighting. The kitchen has sleek solid surface Corian counters, a large island, a pantry closet and all stainless appliances: 4 burner Dacor cooktop, convection microwave, oven and dishwasher.
Across the entire back of the home is a composite deck with iron railing. This deck is what foothill living is all about. It invites you out to relax and enjoy the beautiful forested views and colorful sunsets. Directly off the great room the deck is completely covered making it a space you may enjoy year round.
Making your way downstairs you will find one of the 3 access doors to the wine cellar area. What a treat! Whether you decide to be the winemaker or just enjoy your own wine bar with friends you will not be disappointed with the options here. 2 walk-in refrigerator doors open to winemakers' workshops or great storage. Enjoy wine tasting in the charming bar area where a door opens to the outside for indoor/outdoor entertaining or to the RV garage for making the winemakers work easier during the processing at harvest time.
Continuing downstairs is the exceptional guest suite which has its own private entrance and patio so it can be completely locked off from the rest of the home. It can function as the 5th bedroom and 2nd family room for the home or a self-contained living space complete with a laundry room. This area is double insulated from the master suite above. The Seller will include all of the kitchen items in the sale with no value or warranty. A half bath, garage/shop access & large storage area are just off the guest suite entrance.
The beautifully maintained vineyard has approximately 90 Syrah vines. The Seller currently has a neighbor who will be maintaining the vineyard and harvesting the grapes in September for his use. For a Buyer that is not a winemaker this relationship could have options into the future. The winemaking equipment is available for sale outside the sale of the home. A charming and rustic tractor shed nearby completes this photographic setting! It was built by the owners with locally milled pine. There is convenient access to the shed and around the vineyard to the far side of the home via a dirt road barely visible from the home.
Other features of the property include:
• Public domestic water and year round irrigation water from Placer County Water Agency. A Fire hydrant is at bottom of driveway which you & your insurance company will appreciate.
• A small pond sits below the vineyard and is fed by a creek and is often visited by waterfowl passing through and thirsty deer.
• There are 2 HVAC systems for the main floor and a heater only for downstairs, as it maintains a cool temperature in the summertime.
• 3 car extra-deep garage is accessed off the main floor of the home and has a sink, work counter and plenty of storage cabinets. The extra-large shop/RV garage has an approximately 12' by 16' door which is accessed off the side of the home.
• Invisible screen doors at the front door and at two doors to the deck
• Extensive landscaping includes maples, azaleas, camellias, rhododendrons, dogwoods, smoke tree, crepe myrtle and more, that are all enjoyed via decomposed granite pathways. Beautiful native rock outcroppings in front and back yards also compliment the landscaping. There is an automatic drip system throughout and landscape lighting on timers.
• Plenty of recessed lighting throughout the home.
• Much of the home is wheelchair accessible and could be easily modified
• There is a central vacuum system which is also in both of the garages. There are separate hoses for the guest suite.
• 10 foot plus ceilings throughout with crown moulding in the main living areas
• Whole house fan
• Attic access with drop-down ladder in the hallway off the main garage.
• Intercom system as well as an alarm system. Alarm can be set to chime when children exit the home.